How I miss being a kid

Some days I sit in my room and think about how much I miss being a kid sometimes. I think about how simple life used to be. Just going to school barely having any work to do and then coming home to watching tv or going outside to play. It was pretty easy being a kid. There weren’t many responsibilities as there are now and didn’t really have to worry too much about my future as much. Being a kid was fun and I can definitely say I had a good childhood as far as fun goes. My parents always had my sister and I doing something fun on the weekends which made it fun to be around them. Some times I think about all the cookouts and birthday parties that I’ve been to and just think how great it was to be around people. As I got older I tend to not be around people as much and being that my parents aren’t together the get togethers slowed down and things started to not be so good. As I get older I start to think about how I want my kids to grow up and I always relate back to my childhood. I want my kids to be able to say they had a great childhood and see what true love looks like. Even though my parents aren’t together I can always say I was surrounded by some type of love whether it was through my friends, their parents, or my neighbors. Just thinking about some of these things makes me want to be kid again. I miss waking up Saturday mornings and watching either Bratz, Winx, Zoey 101, Spongebob, Scooby doo, That’s so Raven, Suite life of Zack and Cody, iCarly, Lizzie McGuirre, Ned’s Declassified, etc. The list goes on and on but the one thing I miss watching was soccer with my dad on Sunday mornings. Just waking up and hearing the crowd cheering for their team from the tv was a great feeling because I knew my dad was going to hang out with us for the day. I definitely miss the times where my friends would come over and my dad and their dad would either take us out to eat or grill in the backyard. Oh man we used to have fun times playing with our dolls or playing board games like Monopoly. Just thinking about these times makes me tear up because I can say I had a good childhood and it is definitely something I would go back to if I had a time machine.

5 thoughts on “How I miss being a kid

1. My childhood was a blur, I wouldn’t say I had the best childhood but I definitely didn’t have the best. Growing up is something we all must do and it makes me sad. I sometimes compare where I am now with how it was before. I loved going home and seeing all the repeated episodes of Zoey101 and icarly. It was a daily routine and the best part is that all the kids in my neighborhood were all friends so we would go outside all day. We would ride around our neighborhood on our bikes and scooters, catching caterpillars, and playing pretend. My favorite part of my childhood was all the games we would play, outside and inside! Inside we played clubpenguin and wizards 101. I miss it all so much.

2. When I was a child I couldn’t wait to grow up and have more freedom. Now that I am 18 and have to take responsibility for my actions, I want to be a kid again. I miss having a daily schedule and coming home to cartoons and snacks. Winding down with a fruit roll up and watching sponge bob was one of the best memories I had as a kid. It all went by so quickly, which really pushed me to live in the moment and enjoy everything around me.

3. I really enjoyed reading this blog a lot. I also miss being a kid sometimes too. I was born in the Philippines and moved to VA when I was four, so I don’t recall much when I was in the Philippines. When I was a kid, I watched all of the shows you mentioned and loved every second of it. I enjoyed the aspect of being a kid, just play all day, nap, wake up, and do it all over again. Growing up and looking back at it though makes me feel grateful. I’m glad I had a good childhood with a great support system behind me and has allowed me to be the person I am today.

4. I can agree with this a lot I really do miss being a kid and having no obligations, but don’t we all? All I focused on was what show I was going to watch when I got home and if my friends would play club penguin with me. I had nothing to stress out about because my parents worked really hard and put food in the table and a roof over our heads. When I look back I am so grateful because in my life I have met so many people who had different experiences, and mostly negative childhoods. I am honestly forever in debt to my parents that did so much for me growing up.

5. I too miss these simpler times. I had no worries and was stress free, I wish I could go back too. I remember all the fun times I had and just being able to enjoy life. It all went by way too quickly when I look back. Which is sad, I just miss it so much. I always remember waking up early on Saturdays as well, to watch my favorite cartoons with my sister and cousins. Also, how much time I used to spend hanging with my cousins, which was like 24/7. Now I don’t really get to see my cousins much being away at college. It sucks to grow apart, especially since they were like siblings to me.