Anthony Davis pt 2

So far with the trade between the Lakers and the Pelicans nothing has been confirmed.  Last Thursday was the last day for the trade deadline. Since it’s past the trade deadline the trade will have to wait until the regular season is over. Many people still believe the Lakers will get Anthony Davis, but other sources say he want’s to go to the Bucks. If this rumor was true it makes sense because the Bucks are a up and rising team with tons of potential. They have one of the best players in the league on their team, Giannis Antetokounmpo. Giannis is a 7 ft guard who can’t be stopped and with Anthony Davids’s height they would be two unstoppable forces. But we’ve yet to hear anything from him his self other than he still want’s to be traded. Another thing surrounding Anthony is that the Pelicans are benching him because he wants to leave.  Since he isn’t hurt there is a rule in the NBA that they can’t bench him for no reason. So the NBA fined the Pelicans $100,000 because they didn’t play him.   The very next game they didn’t start him and he only played 20 minutes and didn’t play in the forth quarter. He still dropped 36 points which is ridiculous. Hopefully his situation will get better throughout the season.

3 Replies to “Anthony Davis pt 2”

1. I am a Laker fan and this entire situation had me feeling some type of way. I did not want the trade to occur. I think Magic Johnson was going to give up way too much for Anthony Davis when we could have just signed him during free agency. I am glad we kept our young core for now. I was very upset that the Pelicans did not accept the trade though. It seemed like they were deliberately trying to ruin the Lakers team chemistry by not accepting the trade. As of right now, I am happy that we have our young team and I know the Lakers will pick up good players after this season during free agency.

2. I believe that him not being traded is a sign of the opposite situation that Kawhi Leonard went through last season. He wanted out of San Antonio and he got his wish because why keep him there if he is not going to appreciate the culture and direction that the city and the franchise present to him? Anthony Davis presented the Pelicans with a list of teams that he would resign with long term if he was traded and he was not traded to any of them. I do not know what the Pelicans are doing anymore because if they do not trade him they are going to lose him in free agency for nothing in return. The hope that they were going to get an unbelievably large amount of assets in return for their superstar player proves that they have not paid attention to any past blockbuster trades and will haunt them for the many years until they luckily land another player of his caliber.

3. To be honest the Pelicans completely botched this situation. The last offer from the Lakers included Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, Lance Stephenson, Rajon Rondo, Michael Beasley, AND 2 first round picks! The fact they turned that down was absolutely ridiculous and shows they didn’t really intend on trading AD, considering no other team would even offer close to that in trade value. AD is a monster and no matter where he goes he will have a huge impact around the league with the fact that he is a top 5 player in the NBA right now. Don’t be surprised though if he goes to an eastern conference team, I feel like this offseason we are going to see a lot of stars trying to go to the east to add some competition.