Uncategorized

Week 14 reflection

November 22, 2020

Well this is the last time I’ll be uploading here. This is the grand finale of sorts.

This past week I visited my sister and worked on preparation for my final projects. Aside from that I knocked out the Wikipedia assignment for F into F at around this time yesterday. Wasn’t difficult at all and even though the honest truth is that most people won’t think it’s impressive in the slightest that I made a contribution for the world to see on the Little Women Opera Wiki page, I still think it’s kinda rad… lowkey. Yes, I know it is extremely easy to do and is very accessible and anyone can do it. I dunno why maybe I am just lame or something. It’s at the very least funny cause I can now say I am like a Redditor but on Wikipedia. I can sit in the Redditor chair now too maybe. I like that Doctor C. had us do something like that because I dunno about anyone else, but I would get annoyed when instructors would just hate on Wikipedia for no reason. Sure those kinds of things mainly happened in high school and they had their reasons for doing so but still, I was annoyed. lol.

Anyways, the next step is to do my essay for F into F and then I can call it a day. I mean, I wont wind up starting til at least the 30th but I can still say that is one of the next steps even if not THE next step… okay. That’s all.

Goodbye and take care,

——— s.d

Uncategorized

Week 13 reflection

November 15, 2020

For this week I have begun final projects. I’ve been brainstorming and working on projects such as an animation and a comic. I annotated for Doc C’s class and am now ready to wrap up Fiction into Film by starting the wiki assignment and starting my final essay. All is coming to an end and I am ready for the break. This post is going to be short as I am just workin ya know. We all know the feeling of work work work. It can be fun and stressful… more often than not it’s the latter, but as an art student I enjoy most of my assignments anyhow.

That’s it.

s.d

Uncategorized

Week 12 reflection

November 8, 2020

So today I have just been working same as any other day this week. I have been looking at topics for my next paper and I am debating between two of them. I will ask the professor tomorrow.

I almost submitted this to the class page. That would have been embarrassing.

Anyways, I feel like time is flying by so fast and I can’t keep up. Maybe it is because the sun is setting so early.

What is there even to say about the semester right now. It’s tough but like, that’s how it goes sometimes.

Anyways that’s it. I’ve been staring at this for too long.

Goodbye.

-s.d

Uncategorized

Week 11 reflection

November 1, 2020

This weekend I went down to Tech to visit a friend to take a little vacation. Honestly Halloween was pretty fun and a nice time spent with friends is definitely a good way to relieve stress.

I have been low key this past week. I was elusive and pretty much just stayed in my room in the dark and worked on whatever needed to get done. I don’t even know how many times I’ve said something along the lines of “I really don’t have anything that big to say about this week” (or some form of that), but because it’s the truth I have no guilt in it.

Like, as far as my work goes it really isn’t any different than what others do. Take out the tasks one by one and limit distractions. But a distraction type beat such as a movie doesn’t have to be just that. Turn it into something beneficial and read them. Deep dives into a work of art really helps expand my mind and conversation topics. Nothing but good can come from learning something new, especially if it can help spark intellectual conversation.

Other specifics for the week are non existent and I am tired. I feel wired at the same time. It’s a state that is gray and at a specific shade is perfect for zeroing in on an assignment, allowing for maximum production.

Thanks and take care,

-s.d

Uncategorized

Week 10 reflection

October 24, 2020

I have been back home with the parents all of this week. It was nice to get out of the city for a bit and change up my work environment. I think those type of things are important ya know, changing up day to day activities in life just a little bit to keep them from becoming stale or even depressing. Walk a different way to class, order a different mea; at your favorite restaurant, listen to different genres of music, walk your dogs to an area in your neighborhood you never go to, and other things like that. Anyways, back to learning.

I finished my first essay this week early and had to divert from the plan due to having too much to say. As far as roadblocks in writing go, I guess having too much so say is a “problem” I am down with. This week my classes have had a lot of shortened hours and cancelations so I have had time to work, have fun, and tune into Adobe Max. Again with this week I really don’t have much to say. So I’ll leave it off here. Bye.

Thanks and have a wonderful weekend,

-s.d

Uncategorized

Week 9 reflection

October 18, 2020

This week we have been exploring the other adaptations of Little Women for our Fiction to Film class. Well, we haven’t quite gotten around to the 70’s remakes but we explored the ’49 colored version a little more. We had a few laughs as a class with the ’49 version because of a few scenes that seemed very ridiculous and outta place. Mainly the scene where Amy was gettin’ in trouble with Davis at school.

The ’49 version really interested me as it was well, colorful for starters, but that Mickey Mousing as Doc. C told us about stands out. It’s cartoony and because of my interest in animation and narrative through colorful/cartoony methods in general, I wanted to use this version in my comparison essay which I have started working on this weekend in my time back up at home. How funny that I would come home to write, just as Alcott loved the theme of home. It’s symbolic in real life and foreshadows that I will get an A on this paper… right?… haha just messin’ around.

The scene I will be focusing on is midway through the book where Jo and Laurie are walking through the woods after Jo just got the dollar from Spread Eagle (the publishing company). They talk of Jo’s writing and Laurie reveals a secret, and the two wind up running back to the March home. The corresponding chapter is fourteen, titled, Secrets (pages 188 to 201). Both pieces represent the same part in the story and are so different yet the same… well obviously the same in a way as the two pieces are the OG and an adaptation.

I won’t go deep here but on the forum I assume threads will surface around the topic of our papers, and I would rather talk about it there in more of a discussion based platform.

Other than that things have been steady with no real news. This would be a boring part if my life was a movie.

Thanks and take care,

-s.d

Uncategorized

Week 8 reflection

October 11, 2020

This past week was decorated nicely with a couple all nighters and a few lucky breaks. Overall I would say I am in sort of a rut with my creativity at the moment but I feel like I just need to take a second to get my ducks in a row and then get back to it.

With Little Women and Fiction into Film I have been staying on top of my work and like how class is going. We have been analyzing the 1933 film and comparing scenes to book passages. The actresses who play the sisters really nail the expressions and set an atmosphere that feels magical at times. Jo’s sense of wonder when telling her mother of the NYC plans and fiery energy when conversing with Laurie really stand out and a lot of character is radiated there. I haven’t picked out a scene yet for my paper but I am workin on it.

thanks and take care,

-s.d

Uncategorized

Week 7 reflection

October 4, 2020

This week we read and annotated an article as a class and were visited by Amy Cherry, who talked with us about the publication of Little Women. I enjoyed the parts where she talked about design choices such as the decision to use silhouettes on the cover. She also pointed out that they used high quality paper to make the book. I thought it was funny when Doctor C said he was feeling the cover of the book during part of the class which made me want to feel my book cover too.

As far as the article goes, I most enjoyed one part about describing the effectiveness of different types of media in delivering a narrative. I related some of it to another class where my professor said that in film it’s best to show something rather than to say it. In books though putting plot in words and manipulating that language is what makes the book.

Thanks for listening,

-s.d

Uncategorized

Week 6 reflection

September 27, 2020

This week we continued talking about the Little Women book and I have enjoyed again hearing the class talk about their opinions surrounding different aspects of the book. In class we talked about gender roles and how women and men in the story desired one thing but society expected something else from them. The sisters and Laurie both had these struggles and it was obviously a major theme within the book. I also enjoyed how we can hear a lot of Louisa May Alcott’s own voice shining through and hearing Doctor C explain her background helped me draw those connections very clearly.

Other than that my journey through learning continues to move onward and steadily. That’s all.

-s.d

Uncategorized

Week 5 reflection

September 19, 2020

This week went by real fast honestly. The discussion of Little Women in class was really fun and I hope to continue diving deeper into this book and hearing what my professor and classmates have to say as far as their interpretations of motifs go. I took my first test of the semester (art majors don’t regularly take tests) and it went pretty well honestly. I choked on the first part and missed a bunch of points but the other sections were better. Other than that, class is rolling on and I am excited to get into the next projects in my studios.

Anyways I am done. Not much to say other than I got a proper chair that isn’t a lawn chair so I can do homework sitting higher up and not kill my back. I also got new headphones. The old ones were making whatever I was listening to sound like it was under the water but in a place choppy ya feel? They have a mic too so my class can hear me better when I talk.

Take care,

-s.d.