The safety and health of our students and partners are of the utmost importance. As VCU monitors the spread of COVID-19 across the region, we have updated the format of our programming efforts. Given the most recent updates, this session will be provided via Zoom until further notice. To attend this session, please RSVP so that we are able to provide you with the necessary meeting details.
Dollar$ and Sen$e is a financial literacy series in the form of “lunch and learns.” Lunch is provided to all those who RSVP, but walk-ins are welcome.
When you register and attend one of our sessions you are eligible to receive a voucher to a local favorite, Pie314. Voucher recipients will be chosen by raffle. The voucher is redeemable for a sub of your choice, fries, and soda.
For a more comprehensive financial education, students are encouraged to attend as many sessions as possible because sessions will build on each other. Throughout the semester, sessions are held on Thursdays from noon-12:45 p.m.
- February 4: Talking Taxes
- Speaker: Dana Hatton
- Tips when filing taxes
- Understanding terms and deductions
- February 18: Common Sense Investing
- Speaker: Bill Giesen
- Creating an investment strategy as a young professional
- Diversifying investments
- Avoiding common mistakes for novice investors
- March 4: Budget Bootcamp
- Speaker: Tom Katsovich
- Creating a realistic budget
- Tips for sticking to an established budget
- Establishing healthy spending habits
- March 2 at 5:30pm & March 18 at 12pm: Understanding Loans: Debt to Repayment
- Speaker: Karen Gilliam
- Loan forgiveness options
- Available resources to professional and graduate students
Find past presentations on the Dollar$ and Sen$e resource page!