The safety and health of our students and partners are of the utmost importance. As VCU monitors the spread of COVID-19 across the region, we have updated the format of our programming efforts. Given the most recent updates, this session will be provided via Zoom until further notice. To attend this session, please RSVP so that we are able to provide you with the necessary meeting details.
The Success Seminar Series is an interdisciplinary professional development and wellness series in the form of “lunch and learns.” Lunch is provided for those who RSVP but walk-ins are welcome. All sessions are recorded and available on our YouTube channel.
When you register and attend one of our sessions you are eligible to receive a voucher to a local favorite, Pie314. Voucher recipients will be chosen by raffle. The voucher is redeemable for a sub of your choice, fries, and soda.
To suggest a topic for the Success Seminar Series, email email@example.com.
Throughout the semester, sessions are held on Wednesdays from noon-12:45 p.m.
- January 27 at 5:30pm: Prepared Professional: Virtual Interview Hacks
- Speaker: Megan Hollis, VCU Career Services
- Provide students with the knowledge and real-time practice in preparing for remote and virtual interviews as a healthcare professional.
- Develop strategies for internship, residency, clinical, etc. search experience(s).
- Identify job search and interview resources that are available through the university.
- February 17 at 5:30pm: Prepared Professional: Job Security in Uncertain Times
- Speakers: Megan Hollis, VCU Career Services
- Different formats and platforms, what to expect, how to prepare and how can you help yourself stand out.
- Develop strategies to position yourself for success as a healthcare professional.
- February 24: Surviving to Thriving II: Tips on Tackling Stress
- Speaker: Bernie Snyder, Division for Academic Success
- Identify the different types and personal responses to stress.
- Evaluate personal strategies of managing anxiety and how to build upon them.
- Connect students to resources, techniques, and offices that offer support services in a virtual and digital environment.
- March 31: Practicing Radical Self-Care
- Speaker: Paul Perrin, PhD
- Promote proactive strategies for managing mental health in the midst of an alternative academic calendar.
- Explore virtual self-care routines and guidance in finding school-work-life separation and balance.
- Equip students with tools and resources to deal with pandemic fatigue.
Find resources on the Success Seminar resource page!