Groupthink in Beta

N30n Ra1nb0w 1. Is the purpose of the Inquiry Project clear? Does it clearly address a problem, provide necessary background information to understand the problem, and establish a thesis to respond to the problem? Is the thesis clear, debatable, and significant? The purpose of this inquiry project isn’t very clear. The thesis is established but […]

Investigators Assemble!

Introduction: The Internet seems like a great source to most for finding medical information. It’s easy, quick, and free. What could be bad right? Hundreds of people turn to search engines and websites to look up possible answers to health questions they may have. “Indeed, studies have shown that, although 80% of American adults have […]

Sharpening my tools

Works Cited: I decided to do it in MLA style. Allen, Woody. “Hypochondria: An Inside Look.” The New York Times. The New York Times, 12 Jan. 2013. Web. 31 July 2014. <http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/13/opinion/sunday/hypochondria-an-inside-look.html?pagewanted=1&_r=2&ref=opinion>. Feature, WebMD. “Internet Makes Hypochondria Worse.” WebMD. WebMD, n.d. Web. 30 July 2014. <http://www.webmd.com/balance/features/internet-makes-hypochondria-worse>. Guinsler, Natalie M.. “Worried and Wired: Effects of Health Anxiety on […]

Inquiry Project BETA

The Internet seems like a great source to most for finding medical information. It’s easy, quick, and free. What could be bad right? Hundreds of people turn to search engines and websites to look up possible answers to health questions they may have. “Indeed, studies have shown that, although 80% of American adults have searched […]

Some Assembly Required

White, Ryen, and Eric Horvitz. “Cyberchondria: Studies of the Escalation of Medical Concerns in Web Search.” ACM Transactions on Information Systems (TOIS) 27: n. pag. Web. Studies have been conducted to show that 80% of Americans use the internet to find health information. White, Ryen. “Experiences with Web Search on Medical Concerns and Self Diagnosis.” .N.p., n.d. Web. […]

Interior Design

1. What is typically understood about your topic, providing necessary background of the issue. The London Sunday Times defined cyberchondria as “the deluded belief you suffer from all the diseases featured on the Internet.” My topic is about how the internet is not always a reliable source and consumers need to be careful when looking […]

Filling My Toolbox

Debunking Myths of the Mind by Srini Pillay, M.D. Experiences with Web Search on Medical Concerns and Self Diagnosis by Ryen W. White PhD How to Get Reliable Medical Information on the Internet by Allan Henry Are you a Hypochondriac or Are You Experiencing the Signs of Stomach Cancer? by Cratton How to Heal a Hypochondriac by Michael D. Lemonick […]

Real Estate Search

I intend to use wordpress.com to make a home for my inquiry project. I would like a blog format for it, and possibly separating different sections of my essay into different blog posts. It would all still flow and go in order, but it would just be a way to have the different topics separated for […]

Connections

I loved reading other classmates’ concept experiences but I felt as though I’m kind of alone of my topic of interest. It’s not a bad thing though, but it would be nice to be able to relate to a different classmate’s inquiry project on a similar topic. I don’t see my thesis as categorically similar […]