The Race For Glory

All my life I have grown up around various sports such as basketball, soccer, football, and hockey. My dad and I are extremely invested in watching these sports live together and keeping up with the media surrounding players, trades, and signings that occur throughout the season. With my birthday being April 14th, the NBA Playoffs begin around this time and this season holds not as much certainty for who will win the title compared to previous years. The teams from the East are the Bucks, Raptors, Sixers, Pacers, Celtics, Nets, Pistons, and Magic. The teams from the West are the Warriors, Nuggets, Rockets, Trail Blazers, Jazz, Spurs, Clippers, and Thunder.

This season has seen the rise in the Milwaukee Bucks, as just last night they clinched the best record in the NBA as well as the number 1 seed in the Eastern Conference. They have added lots of depth and help to assist arguably the best player in the world, Giannis Antetokounmpo. I am excited to see how far they go in the playoffs after being a first round exit last year. The Raptors, Sixers, and Celtics have also added pieces to their teams which give them a great chance to pose a threat in the playoffs, but not as much as the Bucks can. I am very interested to see how many games the lower seeds can take from the higher seeds, and if one of them can even snatch a series as a surprise. The East is not as weak as it used to be, and this year will be full of entertainment for all eight teams.

The West, however, seems to be favoring the Warriors to roll through the playoffs and into the Finals for the fifth year in a row. I do agree that they will make it back again, but there are far more challenges that await them this playoffs compared to last. The Rockets are hungry, seeking revenge after losing a heartbreaking Game 7 at home in the Western Conference Finals and I know for sure they want the Warriors in that position once again. The Nuggets have far exceeded our expectations this season, rising to the 2nd seed after just missing the playoffs last season in the final game of the regular season. They remain a sleeper team and I would love to see them in the Finals this year. Other teams such as the Thunder, Blazers, Jazz, and Clippers are hungry too but their journeys will be much more difficult to handle.

My Finals prediction is Raptors vs Warriors, Raptors in 7 games, for their first title in NBA History. Lots of fun awaits, and it is just getting started.