Transitioning into Sophomore Year

My goal ever since I have left my house to go to college has been for me to gain as much experience in a plethora of areas to shape me into a better human. I feel as if growing up, I did many of the same things each year and barely got to experience the many different things to do around where I live. It was not until my senior year of high school where I became comfortable with real friends and people that knew I was important to them and actually had a place in their lives. With my freshman year of college wrapping up, I am very curious to see how I can recreate this magic that made me so happy senior year in a new environment in my sophomore year.

Things truly will be different next year. No more dorms, close proximity, and constant social pressure. People will be able to stay on top of their classes much more due to this and I believe that it has a huge benefit to all of our lives. Of course, we will still all be able to hang out with each other, but it will be much less than before and have a stronger meaning knowing that we can still enjoy each other’s company even without seeing each other every single day of the week. I see some of the same people every single day of the week and I think I need some fresh faces in my life.

I plan on joining a fraternity with one of my friends from high school in the Fall 2019 semester. I will also be taking 18 credits, the hardest semester of my Electrical Engineering degree. I understand my workload will be insane and that I will be very busy, but I am ready for the challenge. I am prepared for so many things to be done and to be involved with people who care about me and not be in my dorm as much as I was during my freshman year. My biggest challenge growing up was how to “fit in” not necessarily with everyone, but even with my own friends. I have always been learning how to make myself feel appreciated and involved even though it might not be the healthiest thing to do. However, I have learned how to be myself even more than previous years, and it has given me the confidence to go out and make myself the best person that I can be.