Course Descriptions:

This introductory course in online teaching provides participants the opportunity to expand on their current teaching expertise to adapt to fully online and hybrid teaching environments. Participants will examine effective digital communication methods, historical and conceptual foundations of virtual instruction, instructional design and facilitation practices for virtual environments, assessment and evaluation within virtual environments, and management of virtual learning experiences.

Professor Information:

Monty Jones, Ph.D.
(804) 827 – 2606
joneswm2@vcu.edu
Twitter: VCUMonty
Virtual & Physical Office Hours:

https://vcu.zoom.us/my/drjonesoofficehours

– Tuesdays 2 pm – 4 pm
– Thursdays 2 pm – 4 pm

Announcements

Week 12

You may now proceed to Week 12.  This is our final week of class. You guys have been great to work with this semester. Thank you. I have learned so much from each of you, this semester was really fun for me.  Happy holidays everyone!

Week 11

You may now proceed to Week 11.  We only have two weeks left in this course, make sure you schedule your time to finish what you said you would finish on your projects

Week 10

You may now proceed to Week 10. This week is lighter in terms of work so that you can enjoy your Thanksgiving break. Only three weeks left in the course, so keep up the good work, we are almost done.

Week 9

You may now proceed to Week 9. 

Week 8

You may now proceed to Week 8. 

Week 7

You may now proceed to Week 7. Sorry about my mistake last week scheduling everyone’s outlines due on the same day as feedback on those outlines. I always try to schedule anything that is getting a response or feedback at least 2 days before the feedback is due. If an assignment ever seems weird like that, please feel free to contact me and clarify.  I actually welcome all feedback on this course, as it allows me the, hopefully, constantly improve it.

Week 6

You may now proceed to Week 6.

Week 5

This week we try to get everyone’s schoology courses set up. If you had problems with this last week, do not stress about it. We are all working together on this. You may proceed by clicking on the  “Week 5” link under the “Assignments” menu item in the top menu bar.

Week 4

You may then proceed by clicking on the  “Week 4” link under the “Assignments” menu item in the top menu bar.

Week 3

You may then proceed by clicking on the  “Week 3” link under the “Assignments” menu item in the top menu bar.

Week 2

A few folks ave asked me to post week 2 a little early. I won’t always be able to do this, but I was able to do it this week.  You may then proceed by clicking on the  “Week 2” link under the “Assignments” menu item in the top menu bar. Great job so far!

Week 1

Welcome to TEDU 662. Please begin by reviewing the syllabus, which is linked to in the top menu bar.  You may then proceed by clicking on the  “Week 1” link under the “Assignments” menu item in the top menu bar. This will guide you through the beginning steps of this course. If you have any questions, please let me know.