Week 12

Dates:

December 5 – December 12

To Do:

1. Blog final reflection (Due December 12)
  2. Read/watch virtual reality resources  (Due December 12)
  3. Blog about virtual reality (Due December 12)
  4. Finish project and write blog post (Due December 12)
  5. Respond to your colleagues with final thoughts (optional )

Learning Goals:

Demonstrate effective virtual systematic instructional design through the development of a virtual learning environment

Describe how emerging technologies are impacting virtual teaching and learning.

Details:

Thank you all for a great semester. I  learned so much from all of you. You were a great group to work with, and with so many varied backgrounds, it was really cool to work through issues involving virtual learning.  Thinking through Kindergarten technology integration with Lou, and considering how counseling works with virtual learning with Kelyn were new experiences for me.

In virtual learning, there really are never goodbyes.  I am always accessible via email and twitter, so keep me up on your work in this area. You can continue to see courses that I teach in the future by our activity on twitter and if you ever want to follow along or even chime in in any of our courses, please do.

In terms of continuing on in the certificate or M.Ed program for online teaching, I have met with Tracie Omohundro and she said she would be contacting you guys to discuss future opportunities. If you are interested in continuing on, please feel free to contact me as well.  You can see details about the whole program here.

Blog final reflection (Due December 12)  

This course was designed to assist you in four learning goals, which were, you will be able to:

1. Demonstrate effective electronic communication methods for instructions in the K-12 environment.
  2. Reflect on both historical and conceptual foundations of eLearning as well as current research and standards for online/blended course design/facilitation and articulate a personal philosophy of practice in these areas
  3. Demonstrate effective virtual systematic instructional design through the development of a virtual learning environment.
  4. Describe how emerging technologies are impacting virtual teaching and learning.

In a blog post, please address:

1. Did you achieve each of these learning goals? To what degree? In what goal, did you experience the most change?
  2. What activities were most effective in helping you achieve these goals, and which were least effective?
  3. Which goals could be better met? How could they be better met?
  4. Which learning activities were most effective and which were least effective?
  5. Anything else that will help me improve this course?
  6. Make sure to categorize your post in “tedu662fall16b” and tag it with“reflection”.
Read/watch virtual reality resources (Due December 12)
Read/watch the following:
  1. 5 virtual worlds for engaged learning
  2. Jeremy Bailenson video (50 minutes, totally worth it)
Blog about virtual reality (Due December 12)
In a short blog post, please address:
  1. If you were able to facilitate your course using VR, how could some of the benefits of VR discussed in the video or reading improve possibly student learning outcomes?
  2. Make sure to categorize your post in “tedu662fall16b” and tag it with“vr”.
Finish project and write blog post (Due December 12)
  1. Finalize your project
  2. In a blog post, address the following:
  • What did you accomplish for your final project?
  • What feedback would you appreciate from your colleagues and me?
  • What did you learn in the process of developing this project?
  • How should I evaluate your project? According to this criteria, how would you evaluate your final project?
  • Make sure to categorize your post in “tedu662fall16b” and tag it with“final”.

Respond to your colleagues with final thoughts (optional )

Our course ends on Monday the 12th.  Final project blog posts are due by midnight on this date.You will have access to your rampage blogs after the course is over.  Your response to your colleagues is not graded, however, i think it would be great to respond to your colleagues on their final projects. Read through the feedback they have asked for and respond.