November 7 – 13
- Read/closely study instructor roles materials (Due Nov 11)
- Blog post about instructor role ( Due Nov 11)
- Feedback on instructor roles (Due Nov 13)
- Review online learning activities (Due Nov 13)
- Blog post about learning activities (Due Nov 13)
- Revised TPACK lesson (Due Nov 13)
Reflect on both historical and conceptual foundations of eLearning as well as current research and standards for online/blended course design/facilitation and articulate a personal philosopohy of practice in these areas
Demonstrate effective virtual systematic instructional design through the development of a virtual learning environment.
This week, you will develop an understanding of the different roles an online facilitator may take on. We will also rework last week’s TPACK lessons in light of both instructor and peer feedback.
Read/closely study instructor roles materials (Due Nov 11)
Blog post about instructor roles (Due Nov 11)
- In the module you are creating for this course, what instructor roles that you read about this week will you play?
- What roles will you not play for your module? Why?
- Make sure to categorize your post in “tedu662fall16b” and tag it with“roles”.
- If you have any questions about this assignment, write a post, categorize in “tedu662fall16b“, and tag with “questions“. I have created a new menu item for these posts. Check during the week on the course page, or on feedly, and try to answer your colleagues’ questions.
Feedback on instructor roles (Due Nov 13)
- Read through your peers’ “roles” blog posts, and respond to at least one them.
- Respond with:
- How do the roles you are playing in your module different from theirs? Why is this?
- Do you think they could/should play additional/fewer roles in their module? Why?
Review online learning activities (Due Nov 13)
Blog post about learning activities (Due Nov 13)
- Write a blog post describing which of the activities from this week’s readings you could use for your learning module.
- Discuss which activities you will implement and why? How do the activities address pedagogy, content and technology?
- If there are none, then describe why the ones you read about do not improve your learning module. Make sure to categorize your post in “tedu662fall16b” and tag it with“activities”.
Revised TPACK lesson (Due Nov 13)
- Using the feedback you received last week, along with any ideas you generated from reading about instructor roles and online learning activities, revise your TPACK lesson plan using the same template as last week. You will repost this version in a new blog.
- Make sure to categorize your post in “tedu662fall16b” and tag it with“tpack2”.