November 14 – 20
- Read SRL materials (Due November 18)
- Blog about how you will/or won’t address SRL in your learning module (Due November 18)
- Read and respond to your peers SRL blogs (Due November 20)
- Respond to my TPACK feedback (Due November 20)
Reflect on both historical and conceptual foundations of eLearning as well as current research and standards for online/blended course design/facilitation and articulate a personal philosophy of practice in these areas
Demonstrate effective virtual systematic instructional design through the development of a virtual learning environment.
This week, you will learn about the concept of self-regulated learning and the implications this may have on online teaching and learning. You will also consider all of the feedback you received on your TPACK lesson plan, and post the final revised lesson plan.
Read SRL materials (Due November 18)
- Becoming a Self-Regulated Learner: An Overview
- TWO SRL studies (password protected- I tweeted the password with our course hashtag) For these, you don’t have to read the entire study, but they both do a good job in the beginning of detailing SRL.
Blog about how you will/or won’t address SRL in your learning module (Due November 18)
In your post discuss the following:
- Do you feel it necessary to address SRL in your learning module? Why or why not?
- If you do feel it necessary, how will you address it?
- Put forth to the group any questions that you may have regarding SRL.
- Make sure to categorize your post in “tedu662fall16b” and tag it with“srl”.
Read and respond to your peers SRL blogs (Due November 20)
Respond to at least one colleague, addressing the following points:
- Do you agree with their assessment of whether the will need to address SRL in the module? Why or why not?
- Look at any questions they may have posed and try to answer?
- Provide feedback on how they have proposed addressing SRL in their module, if they did.
Respond to my TPACK feedback (Due November 20)
- Last week, I gave everyone feedback on their original TPACK lesson plan. You also spent time revising your lesson based on peer feedback. This week I would like you to consider all of this and post a final revision of your lesson plan.
- Make sure to categorize your post in “tedu662fall16b” and tag it with“finaltpack”.