Draft, Rinse, Repeat.

1. Home
  2. /
  3. Sociology 101
  4. /
  5. Draft, Rinse, Repeat.

5 thoughts on Draft, Rinse, Repeat.

• gaubatzek July 20, 2015Reply

I think your content is all great but try not to put too many words on prezi slides because people tend to get lazy and not read all of it. Also the print is kind small so maybe break it down into more slide with more visuals. Good draft 🙂

• charles717 July 20, 2015Reply

So far your topic seems well planned. Nice use of prezi since our last assignment with it; it looks very official with the background. As you keep moving forward with the project just watch the word count on each slide to make sure it’s not too much for readers to read. Awesome start!

• David Croteau July 23, 2015Reply

This is an important, interesting topic and you’ve got a good amount of background information on the basic idea. I wonder, though, about presentation and focus.

1. Why a Prezi for this? How does this format help your presentation? (I don’t know why there’s an island there, for example. Is that a metaphor I’m missing?) See, for example, this about structure of presentation (not all of which is applicable here, but you get the idea): https://prezi.com/cfv5g_sftvxq/the-4-pillars-of-an-effective-presentation/
    2. As others have noted, there’s a lot of text, which doesn’t usually work well in a Prezi. Prezi’s tend to be best for images and simple bullet-point A couple of possible alternatives: embed the Prezi in a blog post but have much of the text in the post, rather than in the Prezi (but see #1, too). Another possibility is to record a voice over and talk through the presentation, rather than have it all text. See: https://prezi.com/support/article/creating/adding-sound-to-your-prezi/#adding soundtoapathstep
    3. This also strikes me as a topic that could be introduced a little more dynamically to engage the read/viewer. Maybe start with a concrete example or vignette to capture some attention and embody the idea and then move to the background theory information?
    4. As I noted in my earlier comments, you’re tackling a lot in a brief presentation. Maybe cut back the scope of what you try to present in order to give yourself room to make more ?
    5. The absence of some pieces suggests problems in coordinating the group. Gotta get on that.

Hope that helps. Looking forward to a revision.

• Chelsea July 23, 2015Reply

It’s interesting that y’all used Prezi for this assignment. I didn’t even think about that. As others have stated, be sure to take out a lot of the words on the slides. I’m going to be honest, I only glanced through them because I was too lazy to read all of it and because it was hard to see. Looks like y’all are on the right track and it looks good!

• Madison Anderson July 25, 2015Reply

Maybe make it shorter. I know that my teachers always say no one wants to read a ton of words on one slide right? I do like the background of it, it looks very nice. Add plenty of pictures and again try to make it a little shorter. Good job so far though!