Man-Computer Symbiosis Nugget

“The hope is that, in not too many years, human brains and computing machines will be coupled together very tightly, and that the resulting partnership will think as no human brain has ever thought and process data in a way not approached by the information-handling machines we know today.”

I found this article pretty cool and i liked how it connected with the one we read last week. However I’m not sure i fully agree with his ideas. Yes maybe it can work, but from what I’m seeing so far technology and computers do have many down falls. I don’t believe that human should be ¬†“coupled together very tightly” , all the time. We as human shouldn’t always rely on technology or it can impact us negatively. We somewhat become lazier in a sense.

EDIT:

Although i may not particularly agree with such ¬†strong relationship, the fact that he did predict these ideas is pretty substantial and it also connects tho article with last weeks. I also came across another persons blog who explained how maybe he shouldn’t of came across so strong in his first comparison with the fig and insect because it does portray a really strong reliance. So maybe thats what threw me off a little a bit. But Licklider does have a point, someone else explained how we as humans have progressed and produced so much with all the help of technology . Its insane how simple it technology makes to do certain things, especially that take more time to do on your own.