National Nutrition Month® Challenge – Week 4

The theme of this year’s National Nutrition Month® is “Put Your Best Fork Forward,” which serves as a reminder that each one of us holds the tools to make healthier food choices.

During this month, the VCU Wright CCTR’s Clinical Research Services (CRS)’s Bionutrition Unit has hosted different activities to increase nutrition awareness.

Week 5 challenge: Post a comment about your favorite superfoods and let us know how your fitness challenge of working in at least 10,000 steps a day is going.

6 thoughts on “National Nutrition Month® Challenge – Week 4

1. I use raw vegetables each morning in my smoothie: Spinach, brocolli and carrots are generally the ones I use but sometimes I switch it up. It is so healthy and helpful to eat raw veggies in this way instead of just a salad. However, any way you can get them in is always a plus.

2. This week for breakfast I made egg white frittata with broccoli, sweet pepper, cheese, and onion. I do 10,000 steps daily , so I increased my goal to 15,000

3. I have been eating many more fresh fruits and veggies! Also have added spinach to my morning meal in egg muffins.

4. I have a simple and easy quiche for breakfast this week I prepared on Sunday. The quiche consists of spinach, mushrooms, eggs, heavy cream, feta and mozzarella cheese. It is so easy to just grab a slice each morning. I fill full until lunch with this quick meal option.

Also, I accomplished over 10,000 steps on yesterday. I have a goal to do so every day this week! Thanks for the motivation:-)