The VCU Wright Center for Clinical and Translational Research will host a Clinical Research Skills Series workshop titled, “Crucial Conversations with the Institutional Review Board,” which will be presented by VCU Human Subject Protection Program Executive Director John Horigan, MA, CIP, and Associate Director Christine Davison, MBE, CIP.
The session will be offered twice. Each session will be held at the McGlothlin Medical Education Center (1201 E. Marshall St.) 11th floor, room 101-102 :
- Session one: Monday, Dec. 10 from 2:30 to 4 p.m.
- Session two: Wednesday, Dec. 12 from 9 to 10:30 a.m.
Target audience: clinical research professionals including coordinators, regulatory and study activation specialists, research administrators, research nurses, and principal investigators.
- Describe required IRB communications for study reporting (including for reliance/single IRB), protocol amendments, and participant re-consenting.
- Identify applicable institutional clinical research standard operating procedures and IRB working policies and procedures.
- Apply best practices for IRB communication pathways through the use of scenarios.
Register now at training.vcu.edu (keyword: clinical research, select the course date/time preferred). Space is limited for each session, so please register early and ensure that at least on representative from your clinical research area attends. Please bring an ID for attendance log in and a laptop if available. A certificate of attendance will be provided for continuing education hours documentation.
The workshop is part of the Clinical Research Skills Series (CReSS), coordinated by the VCU Wright Center for Clinical and Translational Research. The purpose of the CReSS is to provide the clinical research professional with skills and knowledge for the conduct of clinical research according to best practices. Thank you to VCU Massey Cancer Center and the VCU School of Medicine for their contributions to CReSS.
For more information, please contact Wright Center Manager of Clinical Research Administration Shirley Helm at email@example.com or (804) 628-2942.