Blog Hub

Personal Reflections For Unit 4 in 700, we took the Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument (Thomas and Kilmann, 1974) to learn more about our conflict management styles.  According to the Thomas Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument (TKI), there are five conflict management styles: Competing, Collaborating, Compromising, Avoiding, and Accommodating.  There is no right or wrong style, but […]
     After receiving my Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument (TKI) assessment results, I had to take a lot of time to process through it.  There are several pieces that created ah-ha moments for me during reflection, with a heavy focus on the connection of my MBTI (ESFJ) and my TKI results (Compromising (95%), Accommodating (76%), […]
When I initially took the Thomas-Kilman Conflict Mode Instrument (2001), I was skeptical about how accurate it would be. I found it difficult to respond to the prompts, as I did not feel a strong pull in either of the directions, in many cases. I was also keenly aware that I would likely answer questions … 
When it comes to dancing, some people are good dancers, and some people are bad dancers.  Ballet dancers can operate solo or as a group.  It always takes two dancers to perform the tango.  Synchronized swimmers time their movements so... Continue Readi...
Changing Demographics and It’s Effect on A High School Report Card There has long been inequity in educational outcomes associated with demographics and socioeconomic status...
A running narrative throughout my blogs these past two months has been the fact that even though my team got along very well with one another and accomplished our overall goal, our lack of productive conflict prevented us from reaching our full potential.   I have attributed this to two main reasons: we were operating without […]
    A Lesson from Three Rocks! For the past few days, fear said “hello” and kept me from writing a paper. Every time I would attempt to write, no thoughts would formulate. However, this morning, I was in my office and looked over at three rocks that are placed on my credenza to encourage […]
Towards the end of Chapter 1, Kahn states that “Successful teams develop”. Based on observations of my team, I’d like to expand the statement by...
After reading the two chapters from Kahn (2009) focused on establishing and sustaining effective teams and reflecting on our instructional coach team I believe there are several key aspects that were missing from our team that impacted our effectiveness.  Kahn... Continue Reading →
In the Ted Talk, How to turn a group of strangers into a team, Dr. Amy Edmonson defines a team as a group of individuals who continuously work together, such as a basketball team; while teaming is defined as a group that works together to accomplish a task, such as a hospital team (2017). With […]
The most effective teams run like well-oiled machines that ebb and flow with the waves of daily challenges. From the members working at the ground level to the leaders overseeing each logistical operation, the team’s mission remains steadfast and clear.... Continue Reading →