Blog Hub

For the EDLP 711 course assignment related to data retrieved from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) and Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) dataset, I chose to review four higher education institutions.  They are: Bon Secours Memorial College of Nursing Mercy College of Ohio Jefferson College of Health Sciences (recently acquired by Radford … Continue reading NCES/IPEDS Dataset Assignment
For the NCES/IPEDS Dataset Assignment for EDLP 711 – Evidence Informed Perspectives on Practice course, I choose to examine employee data and student enrollment data for three osteopathic schools of medicine in the mid-Atlantic region in the U.S. The institutions included in the comparison are: Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine Lake Erie College of […]
I have officially completed my fourth semester overall and first semester of my second year in my doctoral program. Here are reminders of what I thought after I completed my first, second, and third semesters. With my new promotion, a redesign of our online program, and the rigors of this program, I have never felt […]
With increasingly diverse student body populations, it is necessary to have a faculty demographics that are aligned with student demographics. Stewart and Valian’s (2018) book An Inclusive Academy: Achieving Diversity and Excellence attempts to provide a roadmap for laying the foundation for attaining an inclusive academy. Of note, Stewart and Valian (2018) focus on the […]
I made it through the first semester?! *PHEW* I’m not going to lie, there was a lot of this while tackling EDLP 700 & 702… My biggest takeaways are:  The Five Dysfunctions of a Team by Lencioni is… phenomenal. Every leader I know will be getting that for Christmas this year. I was wasting a …

Continue reading "Semester one… done!"

During our EDLP 702 Roundtable Discussion, a classmate reminded us that in their intro, Bolman and Deal (2017) wrote about the difference between engineering and art. The engineer values control, predictability, and efficiency, while the artist favors flexibility, personal expression, and the ability to connect two seemingly conflicting ideas. As my classmates spoke, I thought […]
Iconic fashion labels – Versace, Louis Vuitton, Polo, and Nike – are all high-end design houses that make clothing goods which people desire to wear and flaunt. These labels give individuals a sense of worth and exclusivity drawing respect,...
The Office of Admissions plays a key role in enrollment management efforts. The first order of business for enrollment managers is to ensure that their university has broad marketing efforts in place to make the institution visible and sufficiently attractive, so that desirable prospective students are motivated to seriously consider them. Using reporting data that…