Concept Experience #5

We live in a generation where everything is done online. Science has provided the swiftest communication  between individuals; it has provided a record of ideas and has enabled man to manipulate and to make extracts from that record so that knowledge evolves and endures throughout the life of a race rather than that of an individual. We no longer need humans to communicate directly but instead we can communicate through the Internet. There’s a “section” of Snapchat where you get to take selfies and send them to your friends, you are able to capture moments — some of these may simply be walking down the street with Starbucks in hand but being in awe of the amazing buildings and cathedrals around you, you simply have to have to snap chat. They do say a picture is worth a million words. The reason I am smitten with the app is that I find, since I’ve been using it, I am much more aware of how filled with loveliness my life is.

Books are among the most beautifully engineered, and human-engineered, components in existence,and they will continue to be functionally important within the context of man-computer symbiosis. Nowadays the “final frontier” seems to be creating a machine that is at least as smart as ourselves, and maybe even smarter. This has not been a scientist’s war; it has been a war in which all have had a part. Every process of thought or action is made up of sub-processes. Adults and children throughout the world read and analyze Shakespearean literature even if there is a language barrier. Despite the small adjustments, like the vernacular, much hasn’t changed in the English Language. In one sense of course, any manmade system is intended to help man, to help a man or men outside the system.It’s like my computer knows me and what I am interested in; we worked together. When one looks at a computer system that is doing a very complex job, he sees on the surface a machine that can execute some extremely sophisticated processes. It’s neat to read this and have the knowledge of what has happened since the dawn of the modern computer and the PC. Eventually, all of this lead to more easy access to information.

I started off knowing the answer to my search, but I ended up with something so much deeper that the obvious. My brain, my thoughts are just like tangled threads. Each answer suggested a new question for me. My list of links becomes random after I read about clean drinking water. This ranges from thoughts about the meaning of life and philosophy to what I want to wear to work tomorrow. My mind is exploring and it’s a great feeling. After looking closely at both of their Associative Trail posts, I noticed that they both also chose links that related to their career paths. Just like me, they both chose links relating to their goals, aspirations and what they’re working toward. This one drew me in because it was relatable and refreshing.I found this blog inspiring. I came to the conclusion that the computer was very helpful in answering my random questions.

One thought on “Concept Experience #5

1. I just read another student’s concept exp that used this line: My brain, my thoughts are just like tangled threads.”
    Great line to use! Your last paragraph is a bit jumbled, but you include lots of student voices here. This was a difficult assignment to do well, don’t you think? But with interesting results every time!!