Math

4.11 The student will identify, describe, compare, and contrast plane and solid figures according to their characteristics (number of angles, vertices, edges, and the number and shape of faces) using concrete models and pictorial representations.

Living Systems 

3.5 The student will investigate and understand relationships among organisms in aquatic and terrestrial food chains. Key concepts include a) producer, consumer, decomposer; b) herbivore, carnivore, omnivore; and c) predator and prey.

Reading

The student will expand vocabulary when reading. a) Use knowledge of homophones. 

My three activities implemented the SAMR model by designing the tasks to be interactive. For my first activity, I asked the students to upload images of cubes in the classroom and describe the number of angles, vertices, edges, and the number and shape of faces the object has. This is a modification to the traditional lesson on cubes because students are using different media sources to describe cubic items in their classroom.  They would use an iPad or tablet to take and upload photos to seesaw. Afterward, we would all get together on the carpet to discuss what items we chose and how a cube has six faces, 12 edges, 8 angles and so on.

The second activity involves the food chain and is a substitution compared to the traditional lesson plan where students write on a worksheet. Its easier to give feedback to students to dispel confusion on consumers produce and which animals are predators and prey. Lastly,  my homophone activity incorporates substitution because it replaces the pencil and paper method. Instead of drawing with colored pencil, they are using a drawing tool online. Substituting online activities in lieu of a worksheet makes it easier for teachers to check and send feedback, and with seesaw’s design, parents can easily see their child’s work and instructor feedback.