Virginia Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental Disabilities (Va-LEND)
The Va-LEND program is committed to the preparation of professionals, family members and people with disabilities in the field of childhood neurodevelopmental disabilities who will assume leadership roles within health care and disability service systems. The interdisciplinary program provides a 12-24 month curriculum of interactive seminars, clinical and community-based practica, planned grassroots and systems level policy activities, and for most trainees, a family mentorship experience. The curriculum emphasizes all aspects of neurodevelopmental and related disabilities, social and family environments across the life course, the interdisciplinary approach, leadership and research.
Va-LEND Launches New Long Distance Learning Module
Va-LEND launches a new Long Distance Learning Module, for those who would like to participate in the training program online. Created by Va-LEND faculty member Zipporah Levi-Shackleford this Module provides entry level professionals and child care providers with basic information needed to identify the early signs of Autism Spectrum Disorder in young children. Go to https://rampages.us/virginialend/welcome-to-virginia-lend-online/
Top Ten Reasons to Become a Va-LEND Trainee
- Make a difference in the lives of children with Neurodevelopmental Disabilities and their families.
- Learn leadership and advocacy skills for working with children and their families.
- Develop problems solving skills and learn how to collaborate with other disciplines (interdisciplinary training).
- Expand networks and resources to use within your professional practice.
- Advance your career and expand job searches.
- Work with experts in the field of neurodevelopmental disabilities and disability policy.
- Participant in research opportunities in collaboration with LEND faculty.
- Create a leadership project that will have a impact on the health care system or within the community at large.
- Have a “real” experience with a child with a disability and their family (Family Mentorship Experience).
- Continue quest for life-long learning and skill development.
Trainees Share how Va-LEND is influencing them as future leaders in developmental disabilities
Want to Know More?
Call us at 804-828-0073
Like Us on Facebook
- Trainees and Families Gather For Annual Picnic
- Now Accepting Va-LEND Applications Through June 1, 2017
- AUCD GALA Presentation of LEND Leadership Project a great success!
- Poster Presentations at 2015 AUCD Conference
- 2015 LEND Book Adventure