Those wishing to apply for the Va-LEND Family Trainee position, must fill out the Family Trainee Application. Also in this document, is an overview of the Family Trainee position and requirements for admission.
Increase your Disability Leadership and Professional Partnership Skills
If you are a parent or other immediate family member of someone with a disability, this is a great way to enhance your leadership and team-building skills. The Va-LEND Program want and need YOU.
The Va-LEND Program is:
- Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental Disabilities
- An interdisciplinary leadership training program
- Family-centered, culturally-appreciative program
- Part of the Partnership for People with Disabilities at Virginia Commonwealth University
If you have been a Partner in Policymaking or had other advocacy roles, the Va-LEND Program is wonderful growth opportunity. you will develop leadership and team-building skills alongside trainees in various disability-related fields such as Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Speech Therapy, Nursing, Psychology, Dentistry, Genetic Counseling, and Special Education.
This is a significant graduate-level training opportunity entailing 300+ hours. Tuition assistance and a stipend are offered. Family applicants are required to have completed an undergraduate degree.
Long-term trainees/fellows may be eligible for the Post Baccalaureate Certificate in Disability Leadership in the VCU School of Education.
If you have questions, please contact one of the following:
- Va-LEND Program office at 804-828-0073
- Family Discipline faulty member Elaine Ogburn at 804-320-4514, firstname.lastname@example.org