My UCI Experience

I enjoyed my experience as an intern with the Richmond Times-Dispatch. I was able to gain real life exposure to journalism by shooting, editing, and producing my own video sometimes twice a day. I applied for this internship because I wanted to gain real world journalistic experience because I was uncertain if I wanted to continue with journalism as my profession.

With work for other classes on top of working part-time and extra curricular activities,   my journalism projects can be overwhelming and I was concerned if I would be able to juggle journalism as a career. I thoroughly enjoyed filming and producing work under a deadline that was less daunting than I anticipated. Interviewing tourists and locals alike was a great experience I thoroughly enjoyed.

Covering the UCI Bike Race not only granted experience to work for an online publication but also allowed me to become more immersed in the Richmond community. I loved conducting interviews for my videos and being sent out on different assignments each day. I truly value the opportunity I was given to report on a once in a lifetime experience.

Introduction!

1. I am studying broadcast journalism and political science with a minor in history.
  2. I like to watch documentaries, read, and eat spicy foods in my free time.
  3. I am not a cyclist.
  4. I use Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Meerkat, Snap Chat, Facebook, LinkedIn and Tumblr mainly for connecting with friends and family.

Hello world!

Welcome to Rampages.us.

This is your first post. Does it make you sad you didn’t write it? You can change that. Write something better. Change the world. You are lucky enough to be in a position to do that. Make the most of it.

A For Adventure - Wonder - Jackson Ward

Just another Rampages.us site