NSG 230 Project Complete

I’ve completed my NSG 230 project. I would like feedback regarding the design- does it flow smoothly from a student perspective. Are instructions/guidance clear. Does the rubric make sense? Are there additional instructions needed?

Evaluating the project- 1. Are theories learned in this course apparent in the project module (Student engagement, teaching presence, self-regulated learning) 2. Creativity?? 3. Effort?? I would evaluate my project as positive for student engagement, teaching presence and self-regulating learning. I believe I’ve been creative with the group project and I know I have worked a lot to get the course operable.

I learned a lot about the Canvas LMS platform (course set up, menu items, blogs (not), rubric development, discussion board development, etc…). I also had to put my student hat on and try to view the design from their eyes. This has been a great assignment. Thanks for the opportunity to learn!

One Reply to “NSG 230 Project Complete”

1. Beth,

Great job on your project. i think the modifications you made from the last version i looked at really help. Here is my feedback:

“I’ve completed my NSG 230 project. I would like feedback regarding the design- does it flow smoothly from a student perspective.”

It is better in this version. However, I still don ‘t understand why you list everything in both the “objectives and learning activities” section as well as the “assignments” section. As a student, I assume i can start working as i am reading everything in the objectives section, but then when i click on the assignments section, everything is listed again, but slightly different. Is there a reason you do this that I am not seeing?

“Are instructions/guidance clear.”
    Yes, generally (aside from my concern above). I am not crazy abou posting things as xlxs or docx files. I think it reads better just to ut the information in the text with the rest of the instructions (Unless there is a specific affordance of providing these file types)

“Does the rubric make sense?”
    Yes, although you do not indicate the overall plan for assessment. Do they get letter grades, or something else. Once I know that, the 15 points in the rubric will make more sense.

“Are there additional instructions needed?”
    I think you give enough instruction, i think the way you do it could still be improved (in terms of my previous comments, and possibly in the fonts, etc you use)

“Evaluating the project- 1. Are theories learned in this course apparent in the project module (Student engagement, teaching presence, self-regulated learning)”
    I see some of this that you listed, but i would like to know what elements in your opinion reflect Student engagement, teaching presence, and SRL?

2. Creativity?? 3. Effort?? I would evaluate my project as positive for student engagement, teaching presence and self-regulating learning. I believe I’ve been creative with the group project and I know I have worked a lot to get the course operable.

Again, Let me know what elements reflect engagement, teaching presence, and SRL. I am not doubting you. I would just like to see how you see it, and how you articulate it. I do like the group project as well.

Great job on this. Obviously the course is over and you did great. It is up to you if you want to respond to my comments or not. It was a pleasure working with you. Feel free to contact me whenever, and let me know if you use your project in “real life” and how it goes.