Multimodal extension project

For this  Multimodal extension project I made a few changes as to the original version. I began by reading over what I wrote and started to revise my work.  I corrected some grammar and added words and sentences to the project. When it comes to pictures I added three, but found it very difficult to make the pictures bigger. When the original Multimodal project was due, I was able to make the pictures bigger or smaller, so I assumed  I would be able to do the same the second go around. Because I wasn’t able to fix the pictures i reflected the first one. This shows readers what i’m usually looking at on my way back to the center of the main campus. I also added an autobiography and picture of myself to go along with it. Lastly, I would say I added recording of a song by Daniel Caesar called “We find love”, along with changing the format of my project. Instead of having the pictures underneath pictures, I put them beside them so that your eyes kind of view the text and the picture at the same time to kind of give you a feel of the project.

VCU maps

As soon as we see the signal that we can walk , we stroll to the other side of the street. Right as my foot touches the sidewalk, I can feel the sun beaming on my back. Right in front of VCU’s school of fine arts. It reminds me of being in my hometown, back in Miami where it’s usually a nice and warm day.  It’s the reason I choose to walk on the right side of the street. The sun falls on you and it’s the only type of real heat you get in the winter time. Walking down Broad street is my breathe of fresh air. I breathe in and then out, with one headphone in my ear and the other out so that i could hear my friends and surroundings. 

stock image

I usually walk on the left when running errands, but there’s something about the right that changes my mood. When i  touch the right side of street i began to clear my mind, i tell my body to calm down and it becomes my time to relax. My time to forget about all of the work that I have to do. It’s what relieves my stress and gets my mind of off any and everything.  Just strolling down the street, without any worries our troubles. I see other students walking past me either with book packs or with a bag with big blue letters that spell out “Kroger”. I see the traffic lights turning from green, to yellow, and then red. Cars race against time to get to their next destination. Students talking to each other as they move swiftly across, and up and down Broad street. Some may even ask how could you possibly be relaxed with so much going on? But the reality is, that relaxation/peace comes from inside of you.

Virginia.gov   

Before VCU’s broad street was developed, between the years of 1880 and 1890, it was the home furnishing center of Richmond Virginia. People from the Central Virginia region would come to broad street to get all of the furniture they needed for housing. This meant great business for all of the owners of these local furniture stores. But there was a turning point when the shopping districts of downtown Richmond went downhill after World War II. Even though VCU was founded in 1968, it wasn’t until the 1980’s when VCU’s development began to expand down broad street. Real estate owners began changing furniture stores into apartments during the 1990’s remodeling the buildings in a way to make citizens think of New York.

Yelp

The broad street as we know it today is totally different. There has been a lot of remodeling and now I am able to walk down a sidewalk and enjoy all of the things it has to offer. These things include, cafes, restaurants, nail shops, small clothing stores, and pharmacies.  I may not go to these places daily, but when I do come to this wonderful street VCU has to offer, it’s for full enjoyment and that fresh air i mentioned earlier. 

Born in Miami Florida, Xzaiya Williams is a current freshman at Virginia Commonwealth University. She moved to Virginia about three years ago, and during her high school years, she participated in cheer and marching band. When it was time to fill out college applications she was puzzled,  and didn’t know what she would study. A lot of times as kids, we get the question “what do you want to be when you grow up”? Throughout her life Xzaiya would change her answer and but often found her self coming back to a familiar response. So when her mother pressured her to make a decision, she knew what she would decide. Xzaiya is currently a pre-nursing major at VCU in hopes to graduate in four years with a BSN,  starting her journey as Registered Neonatal Nurse. Growing up she often found her self in situations where she was helping out others. Whether it was being there for a family member who just gave birth, or a sibling who had a scrape on their knee.  Being a part of a big family is the reason she has a deep love for kids. So when she made her decision she knew that it wasn’t because she wanted to just try something and get her mother out of her ear, but it was because she felt her purpose was to help and take care of others.

Multimodal Project

As soon as we see the signal that we can walk , we walk fastly to the other side of the street. Right as my foot touches the sidewalk, I can feel the sun beaming on my back. Right in front of VCU’s school of fine arts. It reminds me of being in my hometown, back in Miami. It’s the reason I choose to walk on the right side of the street. The sun falls on you and it’s the only type of real heat you get in the winter time. Walking down Broad street is my breathe of fresh air. I usually walk on the left when running errands, but there’s something about the right that changes my mood. It’s my time to relax. My time to forget about all of the work that I have to do. It’s what relieves my stress and gets my mind of off any and everything.  Just strolling down the street, without any worries our troubles. I see other students walking past me either with book packs  or with a bag with big blue letters that spell out “Kroger”. I see the traffic lights turning from green, to yellow, and then red. Cars race against time to get to their next destination. Some may even ask how could you possibly be relaxed with so much going on? But the reality is, that relaxation/peace comes from inside of you.

The broad street as we know it today is totally different. Because of the remodeling of Broad street, I am able to walk down a sidewalk and enjoy all of the things it has to offer. The things include, cafe’s, restaurants, nail shops, small clothing stores, pharmacies, etc. 

Hello world!

Welcome to Rampages.us.

This is your first post. Does it make you sad you didn’t write it? You can change that. Write something better. Change the world. You are lucky enough to be in a position to do that. Make the most of it.

A For Adventure - Wonder - Jackson Ward