July 31, 2014

The Inquiry Project

Despite a sudden major set back where my project didn’t save and got rid of everything I had been working on the past few days, i am finally finished. Thank you so much Professor Becker for giving me an extension as soon as i told you what had happened! It might have taken a lot […]

July 26, 2014

Cocktail party paragraph

K-pop persuasive map I believe that K-pop has benefited the people of South Korea and the country as a whole. With its close ties with Korean Cinema, K-pop has managed to team up with them and spread information around the country and interest people around the world. Through K-pop and Korean dramas, thousands of people […]

July 26, 2014

Concept Experience 5

First, revisit the argument you deconstructed for Tuesday’s assignment. Critique the article from a production and design standpoint. What about the medium/platform works or doesn’t work to advance the argument? Does the author use media in addition to text? If so, what purpose does that serve in the argument? What else do you notice about […]

July 25, 2014

Rough draft

http://rampages.us/yangv/inquiry-project-rough-draft/ This is all i have so far, I mean to add more about promoting change through entertainment and a conclusion. I still have more facts to add in as well as siting sources. Any advice on how to work my sources into this paper would be greatly appreciated!  

July 24, 2014

reading and writing about logic and argumentation

the argumentative essay- We Can Code It!: Why Computer Literacy Is Key to Winning the 21st Century What is the thesis or main claim that the author is making? Computer science should be emphasized more in order to continue moving us ahead in life. Does the author make sub-claims? If so, which ones? The author […]

July 17, 2014

Updated Final Inquiry Paper Proposal

So I had decided that i was going to write the final paper on K-pop however i soon learned that finding credible sources for what i wanted to write about to be a little harder than i thought. Most of what i wanted to put in my paper was from knowledge that I have accumulated […]

July 17, 2014

Kay and Goldberg, Personal Dynamic Media Nugget 5

“Considering children as the users radiates a compelling excitement when viewed from a number of different perspectives”   For an article written in 1997, Kay and Goldberg understood perfectly that what’s new to us will be normal for the future generation and that the change can be good. Adults tend to complain about how our […]

July 7, 2014

Concept Experience 4

Having now installed and gotten started with Zotero, you are to reflect on how you think this will change your information workflow. And, most importantly, how does this resonate with what you’ve read from Licklider, Engelbart and Nelson? How do you think they would feel about something like Zotero? With Zotero, i think my information […]

July 1, 2014

CL/DM Nugget 4

“If man did not indulge his fantasies, his thoughts alone would inhibit the development of technology itself” For the first few pages of the reading, it seemed like the author was trying to force us to study computer science but later on it seemed to move over more into computer applications and a general understanding. I wouldn’t call […]

June 29, 2014

Inquiry paper proposal

While reading the New York Times 200 Prompts for argumentative writing, i was hit with a whole slew of ideas on what to write and after reading the research paper on kitty litter, i was inspired to write about something that i consider very important to me.   K-pop   Just to clear things up, […]