“Associative trails” concept experience 2

Topic Question: How secure are people on social media?

Starting word: Social media

屏幕快照 2015-08-28 下午2.22.33

1. social media 
  2. virtual community
  3. social networking service
  4. computer security
  5. secure by design
  6. sandbox (computer security)
  7. web browser
  8. private network
  9. anycast
  10. packet drop attack

屏幕快照 2015-08-28 下午2.39.42

From social media ends up with packet drop attack. All these researches stay on the trail which I want them to be. Wikipedia provide too much information. It’s really easy to get lost and ends up on a random picture which has nothing to do with the topic.

I keep my research topic in mind when I am choosing the link. However, I didn’t click on the link which I already knew because I want to learn more concepts which I’ve ever heard of or think of, but it still provide a variety of information.

I think these links show how I think and how I follow my topic questions. The last link I end up is a totally new term to me. I even looked it up in Chinese before I clicked on it to better understand what it means. It’s a pretty good ending because I can see the connection between “packet drop attack” and my original question. It does surprise me just because the meaning of this term. If it’s not the computer and the Wikipedia. I think i won’t never think of “packet drop attack”. It makes feel like that the social media is not secure in any ways.

I think the computer was in charge of exploration but i was in charge of the computer. The computer provides me information and i get to choose which information i’m going use. It’s like the computer gives me many options about the topic and I put it in order to become an outline. Now I found a better way to use Wikipedia.

10 thoughts on ““Associative trails” concept experience 2

• August 29, 2015 at 10:33 pm

When comparing mine and yours, it seems you were able to stay somewhat on topic with the social media theme up until the very end, where I was very easily strayed from the initial topic. I just find it so interesting what Wikipedia can lead us to with just one word.

• August 30, 2015 at 7:29 pm

I like how your associative trail focused on internet security (for the most part that is). I also like how you included a screenshot of something that not all of us are familiar with, which is the “packet drop attack.”

• August 30, 2015 at 9:23 pm

I honestly at first did not know what majority of your links were. It wasn’t until I looked at some of the links to find out what everything was. Everything you had was computer related, are you interested in the computer field?

• August 31, 2015 at 2:46 am

Not really interested in computer but more about personal privacy. stuff like that

• August 31, 2015 at 12:49 am

Good for you for staying on topic.Cool how something you’ve never heard of before was related to your first link.

• August 31, 2015 at 3:30 pm

That’s funny, I sometimes have to look something up on Wikipedia in Portuguese first before I can search it in English too. I love that side bar that links the same article in different languages, because sometimes if you use an online dictionary you get a literal translation, which might not be correct.

• September 1, 2015 at 2:13 am

Unlike my trail, yours seems to be somewhat similar to the topic that you started with. I find that interesting especially since i was so easily strayed. I guess thats because I’m not really into computers.

• September 1, 2015 at 4:34 am

I had no clue what packet drop attack, but it was nice you put a screen shot of it so anyone could fully understand it. It’s also cool to see your interest in computer related topics.

• September 2, 2015 at 4:21 am

I did this assignment exactly the same way as you. I pinpointed my topic first then started search toward that direction. My final result isn’t surprising but it is somewhat out of context though (Wikipedia really contains too much information).

• September 7, 2015 at 9:41 pm

I can tell from your associative trail that we share the same interests in computers and network security. I’m assuming you’re also in the computer field as well? Either way I think you along with most of us had some sort of social media as a search which I thought was interesting. I like that you included screenshots and had your research topic in mind when doing this assignment. Good stuff!